Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ladies, could I please get your advice (concerning a girl spending the weekend with me)?

I know this is the Wedding section, but the advice here is much more helpful. And I hope it's not a burden to some of you that I've posted this a few times. So my situation is this… This girl (we’ll call her Amy) is coming from upstate NY to visit me in Massachusetts for a few days. We were great friends in college until she transferred to a school closer to home in Albany. I’m from Boston. I haven’t seen her since last November when she came to visit an old college roommate of hers (a friend of mine as well.. we have a lot of mutual friends). That night in November, I can remember driving home and getting into bed, asking myself why I missed this girl so much. We exchanged texts at around 3am saying that we missed each other and I believe that I even said I loved her. And I do.





Fast-forward almost 9 months later. Here we are in late August. Amy and I have talked everyday since her visit last in November. A lot of times she will wake me up with a good morning text and be the last person I talk to before going to sleep. In between all of this, we text each other every few hours having short little convos. It’s a nice feeling. I remember in March telling her about my feelings and she had just wanted to stay friends. Then two months later, she tells me that I am the only guy for her. I was driving at the time and actually had to pull over because I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. After she told me this, it was almost like she tried to protect herself because all I could get out of her was “idk” and “idk what I want or what I’m doing”. Having helped her get over her last relationship, I told her that I wasn’t going to pressure her. That I know she had been hurt a lot in the past and to remember that she can always talk to me. (I’m sorry for the novel. I just wanted to give you a good idea of what our friendship was like.)





We’ve said a lot of cute things to each other. Things that ordinary friends wouldn’t say to each other. About a month ago, she was called in to jury duty and had to attend from like 7am-10pm Monday thru Thursday, and toward the end of the week, she got sick. I did a little Google searching, found the closest (and nicest) florist, and had flowers delivered to her with the card reading, “Just wanted to brighten your day. Hope you feel better.” And it was of course signed by me. She loved them and started giving me more attention. Plenty of texts throughout the day that just had a smiley face in them. I was really, really happy that this was going somewhere, and I felt like I had finally gotten myself out of the friend zone if I was ever in it. I consider this girl one of my best friends and even though we’re 4 hours apart, I feel incredibly close to her. Now, I don’t know if this is with all girls, but she’s a little hard to read sometimes. The extra attention she has been giving me stopped the last week and a half. Probably because of her new job. She was out for her friends 21st birthday the other day and I woke up to a text from her at like 3:30 AM. It might be a little weird to you guys, but she does this once in a while. It makes me feel good because I know that she is thinking about me. So anyway.. the text read, “Getting pizza… I miss you.” Haha. She was probably drunk.





So she is coming to visit me on Friday. I’m picking her up at the train station and we’re going to hang out the rest of the day, all of Saturday, and a little of Sunday. I’m sure we’ll sleep in the same bed together. We’ve made little comments before such as, “wish you were here layin’ next to me.” So I think it’s a safe bet to assume that we’ll be sleeping together. As far as sex goes, I don’t think it will happen. I’m not upset about it really. If it happens, it happens. I’ll be prepared. But I just care about being close to her and spending time together. If you’ve read this far, I’m sure you can tell that I really care a lot about this girl. I hope to make her my girlfriend this weekend. Here’s my question:





Do I have a “relationship talk” with her? When do I do this? When we’re cuddling at night watching TV? I know that she’ll bring up the distance issue.. we’re only 4 hours apart. If it does get brought up, I’m going to say that I’ll visit her as much as I can. 2 weekends a month. Thatll be hard to do considering I go to college full time and I’m going into my senior year next Monday. Basically, what I want to know is, do I talk to her about a relationship? If so, what’s a good way to ask her without sounding high school-ish (i.e. “Will you go out with me?”) When should I tell her (when I’m driving her back to the train station on Sunday? In bed cuddling?) Can someone help me with how I could phrase it?





I want to say a HUGE ‘thank you’ to anyone who took the time to read this. This weekend is going to be the most important weekend of my life and has been almost 10 months in the making for me. Haha. Thanks again.Ladies, could I please get your advice (concerning a girl spending the weekend with me)?
Take her out to a nice dinner the night before she has to go back home and talk to her how you have felt over the last ten months and how good you feel about her.





Explain to her that your options will be more open when you finish college and you could possibly get a job closer to where she attends school. If you don't want to take it that far then simply say ';I don't want to see anyone else except you.'; But let her know that it is ok if she sees other people.





Be careful not to scare her. You haven't seen her in ten months. She could be very different in person than she is over the phone. People can change their entire life in as little as five months. I've seen it happen many times before.





You seem like a nice boy. I hope this works out for you, but you have to keep in mind that she may have other romances going on back home that you are unaware of .





Long distance relationships are tough, but don't let that discourage you. My best friend just married his girl friend of four years and the majority of their relationship was spent long-distance.Ladies, could I please get your advice (concerning a girl spending the weekend with me)?
Whoa huge wall of text!!
How many times are you going to post this today?
Because your ';relationship'; has been mostly a texting one,i think that you need to be careful. For your sake, I certainly hope that you have a wonderful weekend and her actions let you know that she is really, really in to you. However, some girls are in love with 'being in love', so don't go too fast with her. Try to play it by ear and see how she is with you before you say too much. Unfortunately, some people (not just girls, guys do this too) like to have lots of people wanting them and you have no way of knowing if you are the only guy that she is texting this way. Of course you hope that you are the only one and I hope it for you too, but I'd be cautious because as you said, sometimes she texts fairly intimate things and at other times she just seems to want a friendship. I'm wondering about your age. If you are over 18, a 4 hr. distance should not matter if people are really caring a lot about each other. So, if she makes a big deal about the distance, I'd say that she is looking for excuses not to be your girlfriend at this time. a loving ';friendship'; is okay if both people are like minded. However, if you are in love with her (have you really been with her enough to know this?) and she only likes you and wants to only have fun with you, then you could get hurt. On the other hand, if you keep up a loving friendship for a long time, her like may turn to love. I'm cheering for you.
You should ask her before you get in the bed together...





Or, if you choose to do it in bed- have some chilled wine nearby and lovely wine glasses, and propose a toast to the two of you.





I have no doubt that she loves you too... Go for it.. Dont ever let these moments pass you by!! You HAVE to pronounce your love to her, and do it QUICK. Don't be afraid of scaring her off.





When she said ';Idk, Idk what I am doing'; That was just flubber gibberish for ';OMG I can not believe I just blurted that out, and now he has pulled over, and I have totally freaked this guy out, and I am so totally going to lose him- What do I do now???'; OK This happens to so many women- We tell a man we love them and they totally freak out and go spazztic and run like the wind.





Tell her that you have been thinking about that day in the car and that what she said (that she loves you) affected you so much.. Tell her that the only thing stopping you from saying it back was her stammering silliness and all those IDKs, lol..





Smile and touch her face.. Look deep into her soul, and let her know how you see your future with her.





She will totally say yes! All you have to be is YOU- and be genuine, too!!! =)
you are very welcome i read it all. lol








i would honestly make the bed up for her and the sofa up for you and if she says no come on in bed then say no and if she says no silly come to bed with me then go





cuddle and on your way back to the station to drop her off let her know how you feel and you want to know what she wants if she wants more or not out of this relationship





also when you drop her off bring a backpack with you make her something she can eat on the train and have a note in it if you cant say how you feel put it on a letter and also super romantic if u pull out a rose or flower








good luck





or you can go out for a hundred dollars an get her a prommise ring and say you would like for her to be more then a friend and prommise to keep a open mind about you as something more then just a friend.
  • lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment