Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Best advice for potty training a 3 yr old boy and 2 yr old girl?

My son was potty trained within a month before he turned 3 years old.....Nothing worked .....i tried bribing him and giving him candy and so on but nothing worked!!! Finally we did complete cold turkey and let him go in his pants and shortly after a week it really worked! It sucked that first week cleaning up the mess but it worked!!! I'm hoping my daughter is much easier then he was!Best advice for potty training a 3 yr old boy and 2 yr old girl?
I used good ole fashioned bribery and it worked great. My son loves Dibs ice cream so I would give him one everytime he went and it worked like a charm. Oh and the cool musical potty helped a little. But remember, kids are stubborn....if they aren't ready, they aren't gonna do it. Good luck!!Best advice for potty training a 3 yr old boy and 2 yr old girl?
Ditch the pull ups.


Pull ups only confuse the child into thinking their still wearing a diaper (they pretty much are) and prolongs any progress.
I agree, ditch the pull-ups except at night. They don't like the feeling in their pants, so they will learn pretty quick. It's the only thing that worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment