Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I am a 12 year old girl looking for some advice from another girl!!!?

Ok i am 12 and im in junior high school. So all of my friends have started their period already and i havent. Then when i heard of PCOS i got afraid that i wouldn't be able to have a regular on and off period like most teenagers and women do.


Do u think i have PCOS? Or do u think that i will just start it later like my mom did. my mom had hers since she was 14...I dont know what to do!!!! should i stop thinking about having PCOS or should i just go see a doctor. PLZ help me!!!I am a 12 year old girl looking for some advice from another girl!!!?
well first things first...relax.





some girls dont get their period excatly when they are 12. Some 13 or 14. No big deal..less worry for mom that you will become pregnant.





And if your mother has a history of PCOS. Ask her if once you get your period or the time you turn 13 if she can sign to have you go to the GYN just to make sure you dont. If you do..dont fret. ..They put you on birth control pills and eventually it gets under control.





I had pcos since I was 15 and I am a happily married woman who is expecting her first child.I am a 12 year old girl looking for some advice from another girl!!!?
dont worry bout it





everyone has them at differant times
Don't panic! I didn't;t get my period until I was 14. Some girls just start late and it may have something to do with the level of activity that you are doing. I have heard that girls who are active in sports sometimes have a later period and sometimes not as regular or heavy. Trust me... Enjoy it!!
Dont worry about it! I'm 14 and haven't, my mom wasnt 16!! You are fine! just be glad you dont yet! lol
Different people start at different times. Be patient. Chances are that if your mom started late you will too. Don't be too caught up with the whole PCOS thing. Its important to be informed, but not paranoid (sorry not trying to put you down or anything). You have so many other important things to worry about right now: getting good grades, being nice to people, prom one day, stuff like that. There was a time when it was common for a girl to start at 12. That was normal, or even 13. Now, kids are having their monthly at 9 years old! Not Normal.





If you get to 14 and you still haven't started, THEN ask your mom to take you to the doctor, otherwise, you sound totally normal.
Don't worry about it. You'll probably get it around when your mother got hers. You are so lucky! Your friends most likely envy you! I do! Periods suck. Stop worrying! Soon enough, it'll come! And you'll hate it.
chill, have a cup of tea, there is NOOOOTHING wrong with you





:D





some women dont get their periods until they are 19, some get them when they are 12, i got mine when i was 14. and i have never been regular, and probably wont, always on different days and such, its not bad, just annoying.





dont try to over analyze sweety, your as normal as they come, and when you do get your period you will wish you didnt have it, infact, right now im wishing the same thing... my stomach and back are killing me!
Chances are you take after your mom. I did . I didn't start until I was almost 15 (like my mom), and ever since then things have been fine. Don't worry about it!!
If you don't have it by 16, then you can worry. For now, just enjoy those sweet sweet years of no cramps and no pms. :)
Hey there!





I got my period when i was nine years old


but my mom's mom got it when she was 17


and some of my friends got it around the 15-16


so dont worry about it enjoy the time you have without


if you turn like 18 or 17 and still dont got it then go see a doctor as soon as you turn 17-18 but for now just enjoy.











luck =D
Stop worrying!!!


You are still young and have plenty of time to start. You will probably start at around the same time as your mom, but if not, it is still okay. Everyone is different.





Remember, to always be prepared though, keep some ';supplies'; with you all the time.





This might make you feel better. My twin sis started at 14ish and I didn't start until I was 16, which is still considered in the normal range.
lol be happy you dont have them yet. every woman is differnt, and as your mom started late you more likely to. soo what can you do with out a period of doom? wear white/ light colour dresses or skirts with out fearing the dreaded leakage. not feel as rubbish as hell when they come or get dreaded cramps or migraines assoisated with them (major plus when flirtin with that cute guy over a raggled ';on'; girl and you dont have to worry about bloating as much so its easyer to fit in your fav jeans:O bo yah. if your realy worried yeh go to the dos an get checked out but you realy dont have to worry till your past 18-19 realy sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo鈥?yah
A girl generally ';starts'; around the same time as her mother or blood aunts. At your age, you don't need to be concerned about PCOS. One lesson to learn as a female is that hormones are funny things. Mine started at 10. My sister started at 12. My cousin started at 15. All women are different. Nothing to worry about.
You are fine if you haven't gotten by 12. Some girls don't get it until they are 14 or 15, my best friend in highschool didn't get it until she was nearly 18.





You are fine, please relax and don't worry about it. Hope this helps.
don't worry. my mom didn't have hers until 14 and I got mine at 13. You'll probably have it at either 12 or 13 if your mom got it at 14 but don't worry if you don't.





and all my best friends got theirs at about 8 or 9 and got huge boobs at 9 too. now that's unnatural.
honey ask ur mom to take to to see a gynechologist, tell he/she what u just wrote heree. Some girls have their period at a later age, that doesnt mean anything is wrong with u.
You are ok. If you are to worried talk to your mom. I would say if you don't have it by the time you are 15 or so then worry. I started mine when I was 9 but a friend of mine didn't start till she was 13. So hunny stop worring. You are ok and 9 times out of 10 when you do get yours it is not going to be regular. Believe me the later it starts the happier you will be. Don't worry about it and enjoy being a kid. Hope I helped. later!
I have had PCOS for 12 years and we mate your body is still growing each females develop in there own time don't rush it OK.


If you are still worried about it see if you mom can take you to a doctor so you can be check for cyst on your ovaries.





symptoms are weight gain, little or no period, rapid body hair growth, thinning of head hair, and really bad pimples which you may have during puberty any way


Good Luck.
DONT OWRRY!


lolI seroiusly thought the same thing!


but I got mine when i was 13.


so don't worry.
Don't worry about it right now I did not start my period till I was a Freshmen in high school(15). I now have 2 great kids ( I'm 29) Try not to make your self grow up to fast!!!
Don't worry, many people start when they are 15 or 16, some even when they are 18, you have nothing to worry about, and there are other symptoms with PCOS.





You should be just fine.
Don't worry about it for now. Periods start at different ages for different women. You won't have PCOS unless you have a load of other symptoms as well. Typically these will include:





* infrequent menstrual periods


* infertility


* increased hair growth on the face, chest, stomach, back, thumbs, or toes


* ovarian cysts


* acne, oily skin, or dandruff


* weight gain or obesity


* insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes


* high cholesterol


* high blood pressure


* thinning hair


* patches of thickened and dark brown or black skin on the neck, arms, breasts, or thighs


* skin tags, or tiny excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area


* pelvic pain


* anxiety or depression


* sleep apnea鈥攅xcessive snoring and times when breathing stops while asleep





If you have some of these symptoms as well, see your doctor. It might not hurt you to get your first gynecological exam soon, so you will have a doctor to talk to about this just in case, but really, for right now, its probably nothing to worry over.
CALM DOWN!! If your mom got hers at 14 then you will most likely follow suit. Stop stressing and it will happen. And once it does you might wish that it never did. Cramps aren't the best thing in the world. But, it will happen and you will have the curse for the next 40 yrs....
god no!! i'm 13!! your still really young!! don't worry about it!! it will come when your body is ready!! start worrying if it hasen't come by the time your 16!! xxx
12 is younger than average (i think the average is 13/14 years) so you don't need to worry. You'll probably start at about 14, most girls i know, includng myself, started the same age roughly as their mother.





I didn't start till a month before my16th bday! I was definately the last girl at my school lol. Honestly it's nothing to feel bad about, just act confident and lucky that you haven't yet! I promise no one will say a bad word about it- just don't go telling the boys- you know how they are lol.
Some girls start their period earlier than others. I don't think you should worry. My best friend started hers when she was 10, i got mine when i was 13. So, relax, your time will come :)
It doesn't sound like anything's wrong with you, hon - most women start around the same age as their mother, and healthy menarche ranges anywhere from 10 to 15 or so years old.





Don't be in a huge rush - when I started puberty, I was so excited that once I got my period I would ';be a woman.'; It was this huge novelty for the first couple months, but after that, it's just a huge pain in the ***. It varies for a lot of women, but enjoy the lack of cramps, PMS, and messiness while you can!
You're only 12, so don't start worrying about it yet. I didn't start until I was almost 14, and everyone is different. Because your friends started earlier doesn't mean they are any better, in fact, it just means they start having to deal with all that period related junk sooner. Relax, it will happen.
If your mom started later, it probably will start later with you too. I have a friend who started at sixteen, however I started at nine. Anytime before sixteen or seventeen is alright.
dont worry





im a guy but i have 2 older sister





alot of my girl friends that are 16 are just getting there period





your lucky you dont have it it looks like someone died in the tioelet
Stop worrying! There is nothing wrong with you! Just wait another 1, 2 , 3, 4 or 5 years. And think yourself lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment